Monday, November 9, 2009

Store Bought or Homemade?

Jaiden needed cookies to take in to school and I didn't have the time to make them from scratch, so I took store bought ones and gave them a homemade touch. I think these look and taste so much better than the store bought ones that come already iced!

All I did was to buy plain sugar cookies from the bakery at my grocery store. I got a canister of white icing and assorted sprinkles. I put the icing in the microwave for 30 seconds , added a few drops of red food coloring, stirred it well, and put it back in the microwave for 30 more seconds. I placed the cookies on a cooking rack with a pan lined with wax paper underneath. I took a spoon and put some icing in the middle of the cookie and spread it out to the sides. I then immediately put the sprinkles on the cookie. It took about 10 minutes for the icing to set back up so that the cookies were not sticky anymore.

They were very good! No one will know you didn't bake the cookies and make icing unless you tell them!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Thanks for the tip, my kids are grown up now but this is surely a nice shortcut for young mums.
Hugs,
Sue.

Gifts That Say Wow said...

How clever...I'll have to remember that little trick when I pushed for time...Thanks Amber