Monday, November 2, 2009

California Medley Soup

I am a big soup person and I think this is one of my favorite soups! One of my former bosses used to make this for me all the time and I forgot all about it until the other day. The veggies I used were leftovers from a relish tray I had from a football party! This soup is fairly easy to make and tastes great! And, it's great on a chilly day!

California Medley Soup

small head Broccoli, chopped
small head Cauliflower, chopped
10 baby Carrots, chopped
4 cups water
2 chicken bullion cubes
1 lb. velveeta cheese
1 can cream chicken soup

In a large soup pan, boil veggies with water and bullion, covered for 15 minutes or until tender on high. Drain most of the water and add chicken soup. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes. Slowly and while stirring, add velveeta. Continue to cook and stir until cheese is melted. Goes great with a baguette roll.

1 comment:

Sue said...

This looks very nice, thanks for the recipe, I am a soup lover too!
Sue.