Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween Fun


I was thinking back on past Halloweens for me and the family this morning. Jaiden has dressed up as a University of Cincinnati cheerleader, witch, and a pirate. Arya has gone as a chicken and a pirate. As for myself, I can remember dressing up as a scarecrow, green M&M, snowman, punk rocker (hey, it was the 80's!), dog, a prisoner, a 1920's flapper, and a pirate last year. It's fun to think back!

I was trying to think back as a child, what movies scared me the most. I thought of the Tom & Jerry cartoon. I know you're thinking, "Tom & Jerry?" Yes, it the one where Jerry goes in a bus up to heaven and the dog is dressed up like the devil and takes Tom down the escalator to Hell. It is called "Heavenly Puss."
!

The movie that scared me the most was Disney's 1980 "Watcher in the Woods." I was like 5 the first time I saw this movie and can remember how much it scared me! I would love to be able to find the movie and watch it as an adult!


The book that scared me was Christina's Ghost by Betty Ren Wright. I don't remember what is is about, I just remember leaving the lights on in my room after I read the book.

As an adult, I don't care for scary movies. I have never been a horror movie fan. The only horror movie I watch is Sleepy Hollow with Johnny Depp. Ryan and I watch that movie every Halloween.


Now, I do like the horror books. I have read lots of Stephen King and enjoyed them very much. I think the scariest book I ever read wasn't King, it was instead The Enity by Frank De Felitta. It is a true story about a woman tormented by demons in her own home. They physically attack her and everyone thinks she is crazy. It was a very good book.

And last but not least, we do watch Charlie Brown "The Great Pumpkin".


I hope you enjoyed reading about a small portion of our Halloween past! I will now leave you with a very addicting game:Trick or Treat. Your goal is to find the fastest way back home after trick or treating at the houses. I haven't made it past level 18. Good Luck!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

2 comments:

Ginny of Sunflowers at Home said...

I know how life can tend to get in the way of things. You mentioned making a snuggie for Christmas. There is a link on the VOY to a free pattern for one. Thought I would share it with you. http://tiny.cc/snuggie275 I might make a few too if I can catch the fleece on sale!

Sue said...

Thanks for the videos... I never saw "The Watcher in the Wood" , I love "Sleepy Hollow". The movies that scared me when I was little were Dracula and the Wolf Man, they make kids laugh now .
Happy Halloween to you too!
Sue.