I think hair scrunchies are the first thing I sewed growing up for craft shows. They are easy to make and require little time. With all of the material out there, you can create tons of different scrunchies!
4x14 scrap of fabric (child)
6 1/2" of 1/2" elastic (child)
4x20 scrap of fabric (adult)
9 1/2" of 1/2" elastic (adult)
2 safety pins
(You can click on any picture to enlarge it)
1. With right sides together, sew fabric into a tube. Turn right side out. Center seam to the back. Iron flat. Turn inside one end about 1/2". Slightly round the corners of the other end.
2. Insert elastic into tube. Use a safety pin to secure one end to tube. Be sure to allow an overhang.
3. Overlapping, sew ends together. Sew a seam on each end and one down the middle.
4. Tuck rounded end of tube into other end. Make sure to match center seam. Sew to attach the tube ends. Also, make sure center seam is on bottom when sewing.
5. Distribute fullness of material.
Only 2 Days Left
1 year ago