Saturday, March 7, 2009

Sloppy Joes

Ohhh, these are so good!! For almost the same amount of effort, you can have homemade sloppy joes rather than the canned stuff!

I want to state that I am very picky about my ketchup and I will only eat Heinz brand. But, for this recipe, I use the cheapest ketchup I can find. The taste of the ketchup doesn't have an impact on the taste of the sloppy joes.

Sloppy Joes

2 lbs. ground beef
3/4 small bottle of ketchup
1/4 c. white vinegar
1/2 c. white sugar
Optional: small onion and green pepper, chopped

Fry ground beef (& onion and green pepper) until done. Drain. Turn down heat and add remaining ingredients. Cook over medium heat for 15-20 minutes. Make 8 very full sandwiches.

This is great for a crowd. You can keep it warm in a crock pot and it will still taste great! I like it with Broccoli Slaw or it's great with cole slaw.

No comments: