This was supposed to be a beautiful cherry pie to share so that you could make it for your special Valentine. I instead got this pie. I had so much trouble trying to make this pie that I decided to post the picture anyway.
I first didn't get enough of pie filling so the half made pie had to go into the fridge overnight. Then when I did get the filling and went to put the top crust on, it kept cracking and splitting. I tried to roll it and pinch it back together but, it just didn't work. Then, I tried to sprinkle some cinnamon on top and the plastic sprinkle top fell off leaving me with a mountain of cinnamon on top; hence the brown spots. And lastly, because of the split top crust, the edges broke off which caused the filling to run over the top of the pie.
All of this being said, it really is an easy pie to make! I just was having a bad baking day and I think my crust might have been too old! When done right, this would make a "sweet" gift for the "Sweet Treat" in your life!
2 refrigerated pie crusts, at room temp.
2 cans cherry pie filling.
miniature heart cookie cutters
1. Place one crust in pan. Press sides and edges down.
2. Dump both cans of pie filling in pie crust.
3. Slightly roll out top crust. Use cookie cutters to make vents on crust.
4. Add top crust and pinch crusts together.
5. Brush top crust lightly with milk.
6. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
Only 2 Days Left
5 years ago