Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Keeping Busy

Wow! I have been so busy this past week!!! I have been making cakes and trying to decide what to do about buying this bakery. I finally came to a decision: not to buy the bakery. I found out that the price did not cover the building, it is leased, it only covered the equipment. There was a lot of equipment there that I would not need. I have decided to look into a home dessertery. I have been spending a lot of my time researching the steps needed to take. If all goes well, I will be able to start this spring. I will give more details about this when I am able to.


Anyway, last Friday it was soooo cold here. It doesn't get this cold in Cincinnati!! We are not used to that weather!!! I know that's not the greatest of pictures but, it was 1*F (-17*C)and -23*F (-30*C)with the wind chill at 11 in the afternoon!! I did have to go out but, thankfully, not for long. Jaiden's school was cancelled due to the extreme temperature.





Then today, Arya climbed on top of the kitchen table, got a black marker, and decided to give herself tribal tattoos. As soon as I caught her, she ran to the wet wipes to clean herself off. Hopefully, the marker will be off by Easter. (Actually, most came off tonight in the bath.) I am just thankful that she just took off her night clothes. This all happened while I was getting her something to wear.



I hope to have some time this week to work on some new posts. I just have been putting all my "free" time into research for my dessertery.

4 comments:

Crafty Sue said...

Hi Amber,
Now that's brrrrr.... very, very cold...freezing!
I think you have a budding body artist in Arya LOL!
Hugs,
Sue.

Melanie said...

Hey!

I just saw the pic of the screen! I live here in Cincinnati too....over in Harrison (west of Colerain!!)

Small world!!

Amber said...

I know where Harrison is! My sister's husband graduated from Harrison. Every year, I have a booth at the Minges Pumpkin Festival! I live in Hamilton. It is a small world!!

What do you think of the snow that we weren't supposed to get today???

jacker said...

It seems different countries, different cultures, we really can decide things in the same understanding of the difference!
nike shoes