Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Awesome Beef Jerky


We LOVE beef jerky in my house!! Everyone from Daisy (the dog) to Arya loves to snack on jerky. It is so expensive to buy so, I like to make it a lot to save money. I have a food dehydrator but, I think it can be dried in the oven. This recipe is for regular flavor beef jerky. I am working on a lemon pepper and a hot flavor that I will post later if they taste any good!

Beef Jerky - Regular Flavor

1 c. soy sauce
1 c. Worcestershire sauce
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. pepper
1 t. onion powder or salt
2-3 lbs. thinly sliced meat. I used "stir fry meat" but London broil works well also.

Mix all marinade ingredients in a large ziplock bag. Add meat and let marinade for 3-4 hours. Place meat in dehydrator and set to high. Dehydrate meat for 4-8 hours depending on how "tough" you like it and how thick your jerky is.


Jerky makes a great gift! You can place it in a quart sized mason jar with a pretty tag or in a ziplock bag with a pretty sticker tag.

1 comment:

HDMac said...

Yummy... if some is missing - don't blame me. ....talking with mouth full...