Monday, October 13, 2008

Harvest Sweet & Salty Snack Mix


This recipe was given to me by my MIL. I have since adapted it to make it more affordable, easier to locate the cereal, and given it's name. This makes a really tasty snack for kids and adults. I have taken this for Halloween parties for Jaiden and am taking it in this year for her birthday party at school.

Harvest Sweet & Salty Snack Mix

14 oz. Corn cereal (generic Chex)
14 oz. raisins
7 oz. regular M&M's*
7 oz. stick pretzels*
1 can/jar peanuts (I do not use peanuts when I make it for Jaiden's classmates)

Shake all ingredients together in 2 large ziplock bags. Pour into bowls.

Looks really festive served in the plastic pumpkins or cauldrons. Be sure to wash the pumpkins really well with hot soapy water and let completely dry before adding snack mix.

This also makes a nice quick, easy and inexpensive gift. (You can color coordinate the M&M's to match the season/holiday.) Just pour mix into a wide mouth, quart mason jar and attach a pretty tag.

*I just estimated by using half of the bag.

No comments: