Thursday, October 16, 2008

Halloween Costumes: Great Christmas Gifts!



Okay, before you think I am crazy, I will explain! Boys and girls both love to play dress up. Dress up is just not limited to dresses, high heels and little girls! Think of how much fun your child has getting ready for Halloween. I am well past my trick-or-treating days but, I love to dress up in different costumes when I take the girls out.

This doesn’t have to be a big expense. Check out your local thrift stores and Goodwill stores. My Goodwill store here has costumes right now for $3 and $4 and the Thrift Store for about $0.99. Also, be sure to hit other stores right after Halloween to find tons on clearance.

Even you if cannot find complete outfits, grab what you can. A pirate’s hat alone can be tons of fun! Make sure to get plenty of accessories.

To complete the gift, you can get a suitcase from the thrift store or use an old one of yours and put the costumes in it. Now your child has plenty of role playing fun along with storage for all those fun costumes! Also, as an added gift, make sure your child has a mirror in the area in which the costumes will be played with. I think you can get those long, full body mirrors at the dollar stores for about $5.

1 comment:

Joy said...

I think that is a very good idea. You are a good Mommy to think of ideas like this! This will be something that not only will bring your children fun hours but they will remember these good times on into their adult years.