Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Baby Shower Cake

This is the cake I made for my sister's shower. Actually, I made four cakes. Before you judge it, remember I am a baker NOT a decorator! It is a double stacked white cake with a white whipped icing.

I really don't think it turned out bad for my first decorated cake! I just know that cake decorating in not something I would enjoy! It took me forever to out all of those little flowers along the side and the middle of the cake! I'll just stick to baking!

1 comment:

Janet, said...

I think you did a good job. cake decorating is hard and sometimes a thankless job. I used to do it a little. I made these beautiful little cakes shaped like eggs for my kids party at school. I put in hours of work and they were beautiful. Within minutes all my hard work disappeared. Some kids only took a few bites and the rest of it got tossed. I never went to that much trouble again for a school party.