I made this for Arya to carry her babies around. Now I have to go back and make one for Jaiden. All I need to do is make a pillow and blanket to complete the carrier.
Just to digress, why can't little girls keep clothes on their babies?? Not one baby doll or barbie in my house has clothes. My mom said I was this way too.I got Jaiden some new barbies the other day that had really pretty clothes. She took them out of the bag and within 5 minutes they were all naked.
Okay, I am going to try my best to explain how to make this. As I was making this one and taking pictures, I was thinking of how to explain it so someone else could make it. If I confuse anyone, which I know I will, just click on the "Contact Me" button on the right side of my blog. It will take you to my email and I will try to better answer your questions.
4 - 2 1/2" x 9 1/2" rectangles for handles (two of each color)
2- 5" x 19 1/2" strips for carrier sides (one of each color)
2 (14"x9")ovals for bottom (one of each color)
4 1/2" x 19" strip of 1/2" thick foam
I am going to stop right here and explain this: Don't worry about getting your ovals the same size as mine. Just measure the circumference of your oval and make your side strips that length plus seam allowance.
1. Sew bottom ovals WRONG sides together. Set aside.
2.Sew handle pieces right side together. Leave both ends open. Turn right side out and stuff with poly stuffing. Baste ends closed.
3. With rights sides together, pin one long side of carrier sides. Slip ends of handles between carrier sides. Make sure to position handles so that the will be on the sides of the finished carrier. Try to make them as evenly spaced as possible. Open up strip and press seam.
Your strip should look something like this. (The line in the middle of the picture is where I folded the material for picture purposes)
4. With right sides together, sew short ends of strip together to make one big circle. Turn right side out.
5. Sandwich foam between strip and pin. Sew to encase the foam into the strip. This is sewn WRONG sides together.
6. Pin oval to side strip. Sew all around to attach the bottom to the carrier.
7. Turn carrier so that the bottom seam is on the inside. You could make a blanket to attach to hide seam. I think that it is really not that visible.
This would make a cute gift for the little girl in your life!
Only 2 Days Left
5 years ago