Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Chicken Noodle Soup


Great tasting chicken noodle soup is only 30 minutes away! This is my very own recipe that I created about 10 years ago. Ryan doesn't like the texture of carrots and celery in this so I leave them out. I think it tastes good either way!
7- 14.5 cans chicken broth
2 chicken breasts
2 tsp celery salt
8 oz. egg noodles
2 carrots, chopped (optional)
2 celery stalks, chopped (optional)

Cook chicken in microwave for 4-6 minutes. It's okay if not completely done because it will finish cooking in broth. Pour broth in large pot and add shredded chicken and celery salt (carrots and celery if desired) . Cook on high for 5 minutes or until boiling. Add noodles and cook on medium high for 20 minutes or until noodles are tender. Instead of crackers we like to eat this soup with garlic bread. Ryan is a soaker while I am a dipper.

No comments: