Sunday, November 9, 2008

Frog & Lilly Pad


I decided to make this cute frog and lilly pad to give the girls a game they can play indoors. I really haven't thought up any rules for the game yet. I am just basically using the lilly pad as a target they can toss the frog onto. I see this as a fun game for the girls while they are tuning their motor skills.

For my frog pattern I used a dog toy from the dollar store. I just traced around it on my fabric. For the lilly pad, I just made a heart like pattern.

1. I traced around my frog onto green fabric and cut it out.









2. Stitch frog right sides together. turn right side out and iron flat.










3. Stuff the frog and hand stitch the opening closed.









4. Make lilly pad pattern and cut it out. Also, cut a layer of batting.





5. Stitch pad right sides together. Turn right side out and iron flat. Top stitch all around pad, closing the opening as you sew.









This would make a fun game for a boy or a girl. Nice for inside when it is too cold to go out and play.

1 comment:

Leola - Southshoreartist said...

I'm blog hopping today and just popped in for a moment to say Hi! Love the frog! Southshoreartist (LeeW)