Monday, November 3, 2008

Old Fashion Kentucky Pecan Pie


This is my all time favorite pie! I love pecan pie!! This recipe is so simple and easy to make. I like my pecans on top of the pie, not chopped up on the inside. You can easily chop up the pecans and mix them in the pie if that is what you prefer.

Old Fashion Kentucky Pecan Pie

1 c. white corn syrup
1 c. brown sugar, packed
1/4 tsp. salt
1/3 c. butter, softened (I use Blue Bonnet)
3 eggs
1 c. pecans, whole (I just use the small packets of pecans sold in the baking aisle)
1 uncooked pie shell

1. Beat all ingredients well except for pecans and pour into pie shell.
2. Bake at 350F (175C) for 15 minutes. (I like to place the pie on a cookie sheet.)
3. Sprinkle pecans on top and continue baking for 35-45 minutes.

To really add some calories to the pie, pour a little melted butter over the pie right before serving.

1 comment:

HDMac said...

Oh, Amber, I love pecan pie!!! Yum! :)