Monday, November 10, 2008

Procrastination Challenge: November

For the second time, I have decided to take on the Procrastination Challenge at Virtually Organized. My personal challenge for November is to clean out and clean up Arya's room. She has the smallest room and has the most junk in it. Her room has been my storage room. She is getting to the age where she wants to play in her room. There is just not any room for her to play in her room.

So how does her room become my storage room?? Picture this; Hamilton, Ohio 2003 (Golden Girls reference). I am living by myself in a 3 bedroom house. I meet Ryan, Ryan moves in. I decide to make myself a craft room in the small bedroom. I get pregnant with Jaiden. The smallest room becomes Jaiden's room so all of the junk gets moved into the bigger spare room. I decide to move Jaiden into the bigger room and make the small room my sewing area, once again. I get pregnant with Arya. I lose my sewing room and my storage rooms.

Where does all of my precious junk go? In Arya's room. I have done really well with cutting down on the amount of junk I have. I still have a long way to go, but I have come a long way! There are numerous bags of clothes the girls have outgrown and other baby toys that I need to get rid of. I have "spare" furniture in her room also.

As most of you know, I live in an older house with no storage. I have no basement, and no closets for storage. The closest in the bedrooms are so small that you cannot close the door if you have a hanger hanging on the rod. I just need to get rid of everything instead of holding on to it!

My ultimate goal: Clean out Arya's room. Paint it (from the new windows we installed), carry all of the toys out of the family room into the girl's rooms, and put up my Christmas tree in the new space in my family room.

I need all of the support I can get!! Be sure to sign up for the November Procrastination Challenge!

4 comments:

HDMac said...

Ok, girlfriend, great goal. I will be there to root you on!!! :)

Also wanted to let you know that my daughter, Kristina, made several batches of your fudge this weekend and she can't say enough wonderful things about it!!! She is so thrilled with the recipes! And she says she isn't a fudge lover! hahaha... she said that she won't be able to make the Reeses fudge and keep it around as it is sooo0oooo good! lol. Guess I am going to have to get cracking and get some made up and in the freezer soon.

Amber said...

So glad Kristina loved the fudge!! I have been getting a lot of nice feedback about it! I think it is one of the easiest fudge recipes!

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I lived for years in a 900 sq ft house with tiny closets and three kids -- OY!
One thing I did in the girls room closets was take the doors down (bi-fold doors) and hang fabric like a curtain swag. This allowed me to use more space without that cluttered "Can't close the closet" look. It was cute too!

Controlling My Chaos said...

Good luck with your challenge and don't forget to take pictures. Without closets you have your work cut out for you. Maybe some bookcases or wall mounted shelving?