Tuesday, November 11, 2008

What's on your Thanksgiving Menu?


I have been planing our Thanksgiving menu with the girls the last few days. We are going to be having our own dinner Friday after lunch with the family on Thursday. Everyone likes different things so this is a great challenge to find something we can all agree on.

So far, our menu is as follows:
Grilled turkey - cooking on a grill is far better than in the oven!
Mashed potatoes
Gravy
Pizza - for Jaiden
Baked Beans
Sweet potato casserole - for Arya and myself
Jello - for Ryan and Jaiden
Cauliflower salad - for myself
Pecan Pie

I lose my sweet potato casserole every year. If you have one to share, it would be appreciated!

Here's the recipe for cauliflower salad:

Cauliflower Salad

1 head cauliflower, chopped
1 small red onion, chopped
1 head lettuce, chopped

Mix in large bowl.

2 c. mayo
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese (powdered kind)

Mix together.

1 lb. bacon, crumbled

When ready to serve, mix cauliflower with mayo mixture. Add bacon on top.

This salad does not taste good overnight after it has been mixed with the mayo.

1 comment:

Sue said...

My family is like that too, we all have different tastes and special dinners are always a BIG problem.
I think you've managed to put up a menu that will make every member of your family happy... and thankful.
HUGS,
Sue.