Friday, November 7, 2008

U.S. Presidents, an Educational Book


Tuesday night when I was watching the election results come in, Jaiden was asking me all kinds of questions about it. I explained to her what the president meant and what the election also meant. I told her about McCain and Obama and Republicans and Democrats. I asked her whom she is voting for and she replied, "Obama." I think it has to do with him having a "more fun" name to say than McCain. I asked her if she was a Democrat or Republican and she said, "I'm a Democrap, mommy."

I was at Deals Dollar Store yesterday and this book caught my attention. It is a a really neat little book about all of the presidents. It gives really basic facts to help kids understand past presidents. It also has a picture beside every name so kids can see what they looked like with their different clothing and hair styles.

I would say this book is a must have! Especially, with the election going on this past week! This is a great way to introduce children to History! (I guess this is the History lover coming out in me!)

No comments: