Monday, May 4, 2009

Caramelized Fried Apples

I think nothing goes better with pork chops is fried apples! I like to use brown sugar on the apples to give them a nice caramel flavor. The nice thing about fried apples is, you can make as few or even double the recipe as you like.

Caramelized Fried Apples

8 apples cored, peeled, and cubed. Any variety except for Granny Smith
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 stick butter or margarine

Melt butter in frying pan. Add apples and brown sugar. Cook over medium high heat until apples are really tender, about 15 minutes. Be sure to stir to prevent sticking.

Ryan's favorite way for me to cook pork chops is fried. Yes, we do not eat healthy in my family. I've got too much country in me not to fry a lot of foods! There's just something about fried meat in cast iron!

No comments: