Friday, May 29, 2009

Jack Daniel's Glaze

Last Sunday, Ryan and I decided to treat ourselves to a early dinner at TGI Friday's. It has been since I had the girls when we were last there (4 years)because of the high prices. It cost us over $50.00 for two dinners and two drinks, just coke and tea. I then remembered why we hadn't been there in so long!!

Our dinner also reminded me that I had a recipe for the Jack Daniel's Glaze that Friday's uses. I have had the recipe for many years and it's about as close as you are going to get without paying $50 for a meal!


Jack Daniel's Glaze

2/3 c. water
1 c. pineapple juice
1/4 c. teriyaki sauce
1 Tbl soy sauce
1 1/3 c. brown sugar
3 Tbl. minced onion
1 Tbl. crushed pineapple
1 Tbl. Jack Daniels
2 tsp. minced garlic

Combine water, juice, sugar, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce and garlic in a medium saucepan. Bring to a rapid boil. (be careful, it will boil over leaving a huge mess!) Add onion, whisky, and pineapple then reduce heat to medium. Cook for 30 minutes. The glaze will thicken after removed from heat. Great for steak, chicken, ribs, or pork chops! Just brush some on while grilling and be sure to reserve some for dipping!

3 comments:

Ginny of Sunflowers at Home said...

Isn't this sauce awesome! I used to make it in double batches because we would go through it so quickly. We love it on chicken. I haven't made it in forever, but may have to search out an airplane bottle of Jack and make a batch for this summer. Thanks for reminding me about it!

Kudzu said...

ooOOOoooh wow! That makes me so hungry just looking at it :D I'm going to try it for sure....what kind of steak did you use it on?? and we're gonna make some of those cheesy smashed potatoes,too..lol
kudzu

Amber said...

I used New York Strip. It is the only kind of steak I like. Ryan will eat any kind, he's not too picky when it comes to meat!