Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sugar Cookies & Icing

I made these cookies for Jaiden's school program. I was really happy how they tasted and they were fairly easy to make. Just make sure that you plan to make these before you need them because they are time consuming!

Sugar Cookies with Icing

Cookies:
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.

Add:
1 egg
1 c. butter (2 sticks)
1/2 c. sour cream
2 tsp. vanilla

Cream all ingredients together. Use your hands to mix well to keep dough from being crumbly. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or for several hours. Roll out dough to about 1/8" thickness and cut into desired shapes. Bake at 375* (190*) for 12 minutes. Allow to cool before frosting.

Icing:
2 c. powdered sugar
4 Tbl. milk
4 Tbl. light corn syrup
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

Mix together well using an electric mixer. Dip cookies into icing. Allow to set for a few minutes, then add sprinkles if using. Allow icing to harden before stacking.

Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

(Original recipe for the cookies can be found Here from allrecipes.com)

2 comments:

Gifts That Say Wow said...

Amber, these look delicious...I sure wish you were my neighbor, you would have to padlock the front door...
Thanks for voting for Boo on my blog... and Boo's mom said to tell you thank you too. Girl you are absolutely awesome!!

Doreen said...

Hi Amber, my duaghter was looking over my shoulder and when she saw the pic exclaimed, "Ohh, that looks Mmmmm delicious!" I'm sure your baking always is!