Thursday, May 7, 2009

My Baby is 2 Today!

It's so hard to believe that Arya is 2 today! She was born on a warm, beautiful day. She weighed about 7 lbs and 2 ozs and was 18" long. Arya was born about 5 in the afternoon. Jaiden was so excited when she got to come up to the hospital to see her new sister!

Arya's name is pronounced A-RYE-AH, not "area". After picking out the name, I found out it is Arabic in origin and means noble woman. I had an former professor of mine write her name in Arabic for me.

We are having a small party for her later this evening. I have to get busy cooking everything. We are having gumbo, Arya's favorite, and corn bread. I am going to make her a Sponge Bob cake also. She goes crazy over Sponge Bob but doesn't like to watch him on TV!

Happy Birthday Arya!!!





5 comments:

Ginny of Sunflowers at Home said...

What a cutie! They grow up entirely to quickly. Hope she has a great birthday. God bless you and your family!

Doreen said...

Happy Birthday Arya!
Yes as Ginny said they grow up so quickly!
Have lots of fun making Arya's birthday a fun day.
Blessings and Hugs to all of you,
Doreen : )

Sue said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ARYA!
I hope she'll have a great day!
Sending her and Jaiden too lots of hugs and kisses.
Sue.

ryan said...

Tell my little girl I love her, wish her a happy birthday and tell her I'll see her when I get home from work

HDMac said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ARYA!!! What a sweetie!!!!!Have a FUN Day!!!!