Friday, May 8, 2009

Poor Man's Steak

This is another food creation of mine! I hadn't went to the grocery store and didn't know what to fix for dinner, so I threw a few things together and I told Ryan they were chop steaks. We now have renamed them "Poor Man's Steaks". They have become a regular on our dinner menu.

Poor Man's Steak
Makes 2 good sized "steaks"

1 lb. ground beef
1/2 packet brown gravy mix (dry powder)
seasoning salt
Optional: sauteed mushrooms and onions

Mix ground beef, gravy mix, and seasoning salt. Form into 2 flattened patties. Bake on wire rack with a drip pan underneath for 20-30 (or until desired doneness) at 350*. Serve with your favorite steak sauce and mushrooms & onions.


I just use an old cookie rack and a jelly roll pan lined with foil underneath the rack for my baking pan.

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Boy that looks good.Might make this soon. tank you so much for recipe
Hope you have a great Mothers day!
Hugs ginger