Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Wilted Lettuce and Onions

I think this is one of my all time favorite summertime treats!! I really love to eat this, I could eat it for any meal!

If you have never tried lettuce and onions, try it! Don't let the sound of the ingredients discourage you from trying it!


Wilted Lettuce and Onions

Leaf lettuce
4 green onions, chopped
2 Tbl water
1 lb. bacon
1 c. bacon grease
1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
1 c. sugar

Fry bacon and set aside. Mix bacon grease, sugar, water and vinegar while grease is still hot. Pour over lettuce and onions. Add crumbled bacon.

3 comments:

Vera said...

I have tried it, and I like it.

Janet, said...

I don't like it, but this is something our family has made for years.

Anonymous said...

If you add some chopped boiled potatoes and a chopped hard boiled egg, you will have an entire meal. My family loves it and calls it "Dutch"...who knows where that came from!
Jaybird